Wednesday 28 October 2015

Spring/Summer skincare essentials!

Skin care in the warmer months is so different to skin care in the cooler months. Your skin is subjected to completely different conditions in different weather.
In the warmer months, these are my must haves!

Exfoliates!
Exfoliating your body definitely a must do! Your skin is dry and in need of some good scrubbing after winter leaves us. Throughout the summer when your skin is getting a little browner, you need to scrub away the dead skin. My absolute favourite pamper exfoliant is the Frank body scrub. Its made from coffee grinds and makes your skin feel amazing! It is a bit more of a 'luxury' scrub, I would usually use this once every couple of weeks. My favourite everyday exfoliant is the body tonic scrub from Garnier. It is great for everyday use and great for the pre-tan scrub.








Moisturisers!  
When you're soaking up the sun, your skin tends to loose a lot of its moisture, so its important to keep up the moisturising to ensure your skin stays healthy. I use the Clean and Clear moisturiser for my face two times a day - morning and night (My skin is on the drier side of the spectrum though) It is oil free, so it moisturises but doesn't leave that oily residue that a lot of moisturises leave.
For my body, I just the Jargons daily moisturiser as it sinks into your skin so quickly but really does give it a moisture hit! It smells great too - just for that little bonus!
Following on from your regular moisturisers, in the warmer months when your skin is dehydrated, a face balm works a treat in restoring the moisture your skin will be craving. The Dr Lewinns Multi-moisture balm is my favourite and it smells like oranges!



Masks!
For those nights when you want to feel a little extra special and give yourself a little pamper - a face mask is the perfect addition! In the summer your skin is constantly being affected by UV rays. So it will need that extra pamper every now and then. I would usually do a face mask once every couple of weeks.
My go-to mask is the Sukin Detoxifying clay masque. It is so incredibly soothing on the skin and works a treat.




Fake Tan!
Now I do realise that fake tan definitely is not for everyone, but I love it. I'm on the paler end of the spectrum so I need all the help I can get. (And I'd rather not actually tan and kill my skin cells).
I love Le Tan's Instant Mousse for many reasons. Its affordable (Like $10 I think), which is one of the biggest bonuses. But it comes in shades that are both green based and orange based, so you can choose what you'd rather.
I always go for the 'dark bronze' shade because it is green based so it gives me a olive based completion, but id definitely isn't 'dark' as it is a build-able colour. I would usually apply fake tan about once a week.






Thanks for reading guys!
If you have any requests for future posts then let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment